Question about rights of access

Hi John;

Technically, and in most jurisdictions, this is trespass. However, enforcing any sort of remedy can be challenging. In some municipalities (like the City of Toronto) one can apply for a temporary permit to access a neighbouring property for a specific purpose such as building or repairing a fence. This process takes time and money and is usually a last resort when neighbours are in an adversarial situation. Check with your local building/permit department in North York to see if they have similar processes.

The Protect Your Boundaries Team