How to remove an easement?

Hi Dan;

Providing that both you and your neighbour want the easement removed then the process is pretty simple. You each have to have a lawyer complete a Transfer, Release and Abandonment of Easement application and have it submitted to your local land registry office. The reason for this is that each of you has rights over a portion of the other's land. Each of you therefore must formally release the other of that burden.

The Protect Your Boundaries Team